Contact Malcolm at
The address for the Researchit blog
Assignment 3: Putting the Folio together
Thanks everyone for some great discussion sessions during the last week of Term 3. They really helped to make sure everyone knows what is going on. As well as conducting your research and possibly commencing writing your report outcome, you should be well underway putting together your Folio.
Here are the guidelines for the Folio again:
- 10 pages in length
- The 10 pages of the Folio should be something like this:
- Pages 1 and 2: Your Proposal written as a 2 page statement of what you have done in terms of * your topic *focus questions *why you chose the area of research * the details of the capabilities you have chosen * what primary research you have conducted (interviews/surveys) *the ethics involved in the research.
- Page 3: Your timeline clearly showing what you have done and when.
- Page 4-6: The key secondary sources you have used - a SnagIt 8 screen capture of the website or article (not too big a capture image) with an explanation (annotation) of what focus questions it helped answer for you and how useful it was - include some of the most useful information from the source. You may wish to also annotate in reference to bias/limitations of the source if you see as relevant.
- Page 7-8: The primary research you conducted.
- If you did an interview, put in the questions asked, who you interviewed, how long, where etc, discuss how useful the interview was in addressing the focus questions.
- If you did a survey, put in the questions and what type of response was asked, how many surveys were conducted, how did you decide your sample, how did you get your surveys completed, what focus questions were answered in the survey and how useful was the survey.
- You may insert a screen capture of your survey.
At this stage it would be good to look at the examples of Folios provided by the SACE Board.
* Bone Marrow Folio: example withour SACE Board comments
* Moped Folio: A grade example with with SACE Board comments
* Ned Kelly Folio: example with SACE Board comments
* Grandma Folio: A+ example
* Football boots: B- example
* Motorbike: C+ example
*** Note that these examples do not necessarily follow my suggested 10 page structure outlined above. I have just put that together to help you organise the Folio and you are welcome to follow other examples if you wish. ***